CETA: Mission and Goals
Educators > CETA > Mission and Goals
Contact UsEducation Programs
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
The mission of the Kennedy Center’s Changing Education Through the Arts (CETA) program is to develop teachers’, schools’, and school districts’ knowledge and skills in the arts and arts integration so that they include the arts as a critical component in every child’s education.
Goals and Objectives
The goals and objectives of the CETA program are to:
- Help students learn through arts integrated instruction,
- Provide teachers with ongoing professional learning opportunities and support,
- Affect whole school change by establishing a shared vision for arts-integrated instruction and a climate for teacher learning and collaboration,
- Influence school district support for the arts in education by establishing ongoing relationships and professional learning opportunities for principals and district-level arts supervisory personnel,
- Develop a cadre of teaching artists who have the ability to design and lead professional learning opportunities for teachers,
- Share information, exemplars, and resources developed through the CETA program with arts organization and school district partnerships through the Kennedy Center’s national networks.