The Professional Development Program
in the Arts for Principals
Have you always wanted to learn more about the arts in education? Are you interested in arts education resources for your students and teachers? Do you want to know more about how the arts can be integrated into the teaching of other subject areas? Are you interested in networking with other principals who have similar interests from the D.C. metropolitan area?
The Kennedy Center announces the "Principals' Arts Education Forum" to address such questions. The "Principals' Arts Education Forum" meets 2-3 times during the school year and focuses on topics related to the arts in education. Agendas are designed according to principals' interests. Past meeting topics were:
- making a case for inclusion of the arts in education to parents and school board members (the arts as academics)
- the National Standards for Arts Education
- current issues in the education reform movement related to the arts
- where to find arts resources for teachers and students
- how the arts can teach other subject areas.
Each meeting will feature a speaker as well as an opportunity for principals to share information relevant to the topic.
Please note that the Forum is open only to principals and assistant principals in the DC metropolitan area. For further information or if you would like to be included on a mailing list for future meetings, please contact the Principals' Arts Education Forum by email or phone at (202)416-8813.